International Open Positions
At Zentiva our aspiration is that healthcare should be a right and not a privilege. More than ever, people need better access to healthcare. Today, the everyday solutions that we all depend on truly count as a vital foundation of healthy living. With more than 2’500 people across Europe and 2 production sites in Prague and Bucharest we strive to be the champion of Generics medicines to better support people’s daily healthcare needs.
We are proud that our people energize each other with passion, friendship and a strong sense of collaboration. This will enable us to realize our ambition, to achieve the results that matter most, and to deliver on our promise to people who rely on our products and services every day.
As a fast-growing company we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals who will help drive the development of our company and achieve our objectives.
TRANSFORMATION OFFICE & INTEGRATION MANAGER
Zentiva is searching for a Transformation Office & Integration Manager (PMI) who will support Zentiva’s Chief Transformation Officer (CTO) and the Management Team in successfully implementing the Company’s comprehensive transformation programme.
In support of the CTO, the PMI will be responsible for two important value creation aspects:
1) The successful and timely integration of inorganic growth opportunities and
2) The successful and timely execution of other key elements of the value creation plan, which will include a broad set of strategic, commercial, operational, organizational and financial initiatives.
The primary focus of the PMI will be on the integration work, but the PMI will also support other, non integration related initiatives if time permits.
The PMI will work very closely with the CTO and the key leaders of the business, including the CEO and CFO of the company, both at headquarter but also at country level. In addition, due to Advent’s belief in playing an active role in supporting management, the PMI will interact with various members of the Advent team, including Deal Team, Portfolio Support Group as well as external Operating Partners and Operations Advisors who will be supporting the Company achieve its objectives.
The Transformation Programme will enjoy a high degree of support, which will provide the PMI with the opportunity to work alongside a highly qualified team of internal and external colleagues. The PMI will report to the CTO.
• Leading specific M&A related integration projects; creation and delivery of a disciplined integration strategy, process and execution plan, including communication and trainings
• Designing a detailed integration roadmap with clearly defining timelines, milestones and resources required
• Helping design and seeing to completion initiatives which reflect the management team’s key priorities, contributing to the overall success of the Company’s transformation programme
• Helping set up and lead key activities of the Transformation Office that will serve as the nucleus for managing the transformation programme
• Managing and mentoring the members of the initiative teams, who will drive initiative implementation
• Acting in a "challenge and support" role vis-à-vis the initiative owners, helping them deliver the targeted results
• Making sure the initiatives are resourced adequately to deliver their objectives (both internal and – where needed – external resources)
• Helping coordinate (with the CTO) cross-functional initiatives
• Acting as a first escalation level in resolving critical issues and involving the CTO and the management team appropriately where further escalation is required
• Ensuring initiatives move into implementation, and to guide them to fast and pragmatic execution
• Creating transparency and visibility by initiative progress tracking in order to allow for better and faster decision making and results predictability
• Working alongside finance to ensure all critical financial value creation parameters of the initiatives are made transparent
• Being a service/support function for the organization allowing the functions and country organization to focus on implementation
• Providing consistency to internal discussions and progress reviews, which will take place at various levels (e.g., steering committee meetings, transformation review meetings, management board meetings, advisory board meetings)
Given the nature of the role and as it is a key part of a high-calibre executive team, strong interpersonal skills are mandatory. In addition:
• Understanding of key business processes of an organisation, particularly the commercial, procurement, product development, and operations areas
• Ability to quickly develop a strong “standing” and gaining respect within the organization at all levels
• Ability to act as a catalyst for action and change whilst bringing along the team
• Very good people-handling skills and organisational sensitivity; with the ability to build trusted relationships quickly
• Broad set of influencing skills and ability to build consensus amongst multiple stakeholders with different interests
• Track record of successfully handling demanding projects across distributed organisations where coordination of multiple parties is a must for success
• Ability to challenge initiative owners in a constructive way with respect to overall feasibility and impact of initiatives
• High level of motivation and determination, entrepreneurial/self-starter used to work in a dynamic environment, ideally with experience working in a private equity related environment
• Willingness to travel
• Mix of consulting and operational experience, ideally the latter gained in a portfolio company of a private equity sponsor
• Ideally background from tier 1 strategy consulting firm (at least as engagement/project manager) plus – in an ideal situation – management experience outside consulting
• Industry experience from pharmaceutical (particularly generics) or related industries (e.g., chemicals)
• Experience with M&A transactions and with a post-merger integration process, with an emphasis on the latter (i.e. we do not expect an expert on deal execution, but somebody with experience in integrating the target into the business)
• Integration/separation project experience or carve-Out planning and implementation
• Value creation experience ideally within some of the following areas:
– Commercial excellence/salesforce effectiveness
– Product development/product launch execution
– Procurement/sourcing/make-or-buy decision making
– Operational transformation (supply chain management, lean operations)
• Working experience across Europe, ideally including CEE; with a good understanding and sensitivity to cultural differences