International Open Positions
At Zentiva our aspiration is that healthcare should be a right and not a privilege. More than ever, people need better access to healthcare. Today, the everyday solutions that we all depend on truly count as a vital foundation of healthy living. With more than 2’500 people across Europe and 2 production sites in Prague and Bucharest we strive to be the champion of Generics medicines to better support people’s daily healthcare needs.
We are proud that our people energize each other with passion, friendship and a strong sense of collaboration. This will enable us to realize our ambition, to achieve the results that matter most, and to deliver on our promise to people who rely on our products and services every day.
As a fast-growing company we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals who will help drive the development of our company and achieve our objectives.
Senior Procurement Category Manager
Is in charge of assigned category or category segment within COGS Procurement domain. Works in close collaboration with other Procurement functions and key business partners. Is responsible for strategic activities related to the procurement of the assigned category or category segment and for implementing and executing contracts within Zentiva operational scope. This mission is aligned with the values, the ethical charter and the code of conduct of Zentiva. The Senior Procurement Category Manager reports to Head of Industrial Procurement.
- Leads and is accountable on all relevant CAPEX spends in terms of project coordination / management where applicable, reporting and implementation.
- Defines a strategy for CAPEX
- Becomes the go-to person for all things related to CAPEX for senior management
- Leads a team across two sites, multiple cross-functional stakeholders
- Pricing & contract negotiations.
- Defines and delivers costs improvement and other performance objectives set for the assigned category or category segment.
- Benchmarks the existing prices and collects internal requests & inputs; assesses supplier risks and opportunities; optimizes existing supplier base.
- Collects in-depth intelligence of the global market and its development; contributes to fact-base building.
- Manages sourcing activities; performs RFI/RFP/RFQ/contract management process and analyses the provided proposals; streamlines the number of suppliers:
- work with cross-functional teams to select suppliers as per spend category requirements,
- identifies potential suppliers,
- initiates approval of new vendors,
- negotiates and conclude contracts, optimize existing agreements.
- Prepares business cases and submits them to the Sourcing Committee for approval.
- Manages spending and investments within the assigned category engaging stakeholders, aligning on business objectives and ensuring supply continuity.
- Supports budgeting & LRP process and savings reporting.
- Management of business relationship with the suppliers; setting and management of routine business reviews with the suppliers (performance & internal customer satisfaction, business/financial and operations reviews, risk assessment, market intelligence).
- Communicates, aligns on business objectives and collaborates with critical stakeholders (Supply chain, CommOps, Launch management, Sourcing & Manufacturing Strategy, Quality, Regulatory, IP, Finance, Development, etc.) to plan and to consolidate business needs.
- Ensures Procurement involvement in relevant strategic projects; challenges business requirements.
- Operates in global market.
- University degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Engineering or Economic or similar. APICS or CIPS desirable
- At least 10 years of a relevant work experience, preferably within FMCG or Pharmaceuticals with experience of CAPEX and the relevant consumables
- Credible cross-functional leadership capabilities
- Capability to manage business at executive level: internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Ability to work across all functions and geographies as well as in a culturally diverse environment.
- Business acumen and ability to build sustainable business connectivity
- Strong internal customer & business focus, result orientation.
- Being detail-oriented, proactive and well organized.
- Solid listening, communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Four core LEAD competencies (Act for Change, Strive for results, Cooperate transversally, Commit to customers)
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements associated with pharmaceutical products is of an advantage
- English: Advanced level, Czech desirable ,other languages are an advantage
- An opportunity to work for a successful international pharma company, in its
- An opportunity to broaden the knowledge and expertise in your field
- Pleasant and dynamic working environment