International Open Positions
With 530 years of heritage, more than 2,500 employees, a leading Research and Development Center and two major production sites in Prague and Bucharest, Zentiva strives to be the champion of Generics to support the daily healthcare needs of people living in Europe.
The growth of our organization brings new opportunities for our people to fulfil their potential. It also positions us well to attract the best talent and retain our team to secure our success for future generations. Join us!
Business Development Manager
Responsible for business development and licensing (BD&L) activities with a special focus on generics and complex generics for Zentiva’s geographical perimeter (principally Europe and Russia, CIS). The BD&L manager will have an opportunity to shape Zentiva’s short and long term strategy for generics and complex generic products with a responsibility to identify opportunities and manage the evaluation and execution of strategic BDL projects.
Partners – Internal
ComOps organization in Europe at central and local level; central functions in Marketing, Legal, Patent, Portfolio, Regulatory, Project Management, Development, Quality, Supply Chain, Trademark, Finance, Product Launch.
Partners – External
Pharmaceutical companies specializing in development and manufacturing generic products for European and CIS markets.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Generate BD opportunities by screening systematically the world market for potential new partners of generic products, develop business intelligence strategy and ensure appropriate information flow to key stakeholders
- Assess opportunities for licensing or collaboration projects meeting Zentiva’s short and long term strategy
- Cooperate with portfolio and ComOps functions and support them in evaluation of BD opportunities
- Define appropriate type of partnership for each viable opportunity
- Evaluate a probability of success (PoS) and financial feasibility of potential BD targets, perform benchmarking on PoS between different options and select a preferred partner for a given product
- Clarify and consent on technical/regulatory/legal/quality and commercial elements of selected projects with relevant experts. Evaluate potential risks, perform risk/benefit analysis and propose methods to eliminate or limit such risks
- Elaborate pricing and go-to-market models for each project in collaboration with marketing and finance and all relevant functions
- Secure a project-specific feedback from the main internal stakeholders, ensure sufficient profitability of each project and negotiate country specific requirements
- Present selected project proposition to Zentiva’s senior management for final approval
- Manage and lead the deal negotiation up to contract signature
- Ensure proper alliance management post contract signature
- Support local organizations throughout the Long Range Plan (LRP) process
- University Degree in business, economics, natural sciences or comparable education
- At least 5 years of experience in Licensing and Business Development
- A strong and global network of developers, licensors and manufacturers of generic products
- Understanding of commercial and technical specificities of generics, complex generics and biosimilars
- Business partnering approach with strong ROI orientation
- Experience with cross-functional expert teams
- Strong analytical and planning skills, ability to set-up/optimize processes and determine priorities, make decisions on daily basis
- Strong financial acumen and experience with financial modelling and valuation of deals
- Risk management orientation
- Proven leadership skills, ability to lead cross-functional teams and to influence decision-makers
- Customer focus, result oriented, team player
- IT literacy (MS Powerpoint, MS Excel, MS Word)
- Fluency in English, other language a plus
- Challenging career opportunity to work for a successful fast growing international worldwide company
- Personal and professional growth and development
- Competitive remuneration and benefit package reflecting company success and individual contribution